This quickstart is intended for intermediate to advanced developers. It only gets you up and running with Actyx. For a gentler intro to Actyx, head to the Chat Tutorial.
- Install and start Actyx on your computer
- Download Actyx for Windows
- Double click and run through the installer
- Start Actyx via the Start Menu; a tray icon will appear
- Download Actyx for Mac
- Open a terminal and run the following command
cd ~/Downloads; chmod +x actyx-mac; ./actyx-mac
If you do not get asked for your password, you have to explicitly allow Actyx:
- Go to Settings and then to Security & Privacy. In the General tab, you should see a prompt at the bottom that asks you to allow Actyx CLI.
- When running the first
axcommand, you will be prompted again to allow the Actyx CLI.
- Now download and set up the quickstart project by running
npm init actyx quickstart
$ npm init actyx quickstart✔ Loaded starter project✔ Installed dependenciesType 'cd quickstart && npm run start' to run
- Once the set up is done, navigate into the
quickstartdirectory and run it with
npm run start
$ cd quickstart$ npm run start > [email protected] start> ts-node index Hello, World!Hello 1!Hello 2!
If you see messages starting with "Hello" pop up, everything is working! Press Ctrl+C to shutdown the process.
If you get this error please double-check that Actyx is actually running on your computer.
- Now you are ready to start programming on Actyx
Try editing the code in the
index.ts file. Then save your changes and restart the node process.