Synchronization problems between nodes manifest in the observation that apps on different nodes show inconsistent information, i.e. the events of nodes have not been synchronized properly.
This is mostly caused by communication errors between nodes. To debug and resolve them, you can try these steps:
If your nodes were synchronizing previously, you can skip this step. If your nodes were never synchronizing, please check the following:
- Check that you have configured the same swarm key as described in this guide
- Check that your nodes are publishing events to the same topic. The topic can be configured in the node settings. To query the topic with the CLI, use
ax settings get com.actyx.os/services/eventService/topic <node>.
- Check that your nodes are not configured as
readOnly. This can be configured in the node settings
- If mDNS is disabled on your device or network, or you are running Actyx on Docker, check that you have configured the right bootstrap node on all devices as described in this guide
- If you are running Actyx on Docker without
network=hostand your bootstrap node is not running in the same local network as your other nodes, check that you have configured the
announceAddressessettings on your Docker nodes as described in this guide
If you fixed any configuration issues and your nodes are still not synchronizing, go through the steps below.
Next, check if the nodes cannot connect due to firewall issues as described in this guide. If, after following the described steps, you either found no issues or fixed issues with your firewall, check if the nodes are peered.
Next, check if your nodes are actually connected to each other as described in this guide.